I love this problem.
1. There are five houses in a row, each of a different color and
inhabited by people of different nationalities, with different
pets, drinks, and flowers.
2. The English person lives in the red house.
3. The Spaniard owns the dog.
4. Coffee is drunk in the green house.
5. The Ukrainian drinks tea.
6. The green house is immediately to the right (your right) of the
7. The geranium grower owns snails.
8. Roses are in front of the yellow house.
9. Milk is drunk in the middle house.
10. The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
11. The person who grows marigolds lives in the house next to the
person with the fox.
12. Roses are grown at the house next to the house where the horse is
13. The person who grows lilies drinks orange juice.
14. The Japanese person grows gardenias.
15. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
My short answer: The Japanese owns the ZEBRA.
Detailed Solution: [starting from the leftmost]
1] Norwegian - yellow - water - roses - fox
2] Ukranian - blue - tea - marigolds - horse
3] English - red - milk - geraniums - snail
4] Spaniard - ivory - orange - lilies - dog
5] Japanese - green - coffee - gardenias - zebra
Originally posted: Jan 24, 2006